Berlinger, N., Guidry-Grimes, L., & Hulkower, A. (2017). Knowledge is key for safety-net providers. Health Progress: Journal of the Catholic Health Association of the United States. Retrieved from https://www.chausa.org/publications/health-progress/article/july-august-2017/knowledge-is-key-for-safety-net-providers
Hacker, K., Anies, M., Folb, B., & Zallman, L. (2015). Barriers to health care for undocumented immigrants: A literature review. Risk Management and Healthcare Policy, 8. Available in the Trident Online Library. PLEASE SEE ATTACHMENT REGARDING THIS REFERENCE
The Hastings Center. (2017). Undocumented immigrants and health care access in the United States. Retrieved from http://undocumentedpatients.org/
HHS Office of Minority Health. (2016). National CLAS Standards, health literacy, and communication [Video file]. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkpRx1lHCu8&feature=youtu.be
National CLAS Standards: National Standards for Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services (CLAS) in Health and Health Care. Retrieved from https://www.thinkculturalhealth.hhs.gov/clas
Shi, L. (2014). Health policy for diverse populations. In Introduction to health policy, pp. 118-149. Chicago: Health Administration Press. Available in the Trident Online Library. PLEASE SEE ATTACHMENT REGARDING THIS REFERENCE
Cervantes, L., Fischer, S., & Berlinger, N. (2017). The illness experience of undocumented immigrants with end-stage renal disease. JAMA Internal Medicine, 117(4), 529-535. Retrieved from https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2601078
You are a junior administrator in a small hospital. The clinical staff in the hospital have done a good job in ensuring that patient care falls in line with the National Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services (CLAS) policy. However, in a recent assessment of your facility, it was found that these competencies are lacking in the interactions of patients with administrative services. Your supervisor has learned that you have taken this course and has asked you to prepare a PowerPoint presentation to share with the various administrative departments such as billing, customer service, scheduling, etc. Your presentation should include the following:
- * A thorough explanation of the CLAS Standards
- * Why culturally competent services are important throughout the hospital
- * Suggestions for how different departments can better serve the hospitals’ diverse clientele
- * A slide with resources for staff members
- * A slide with references
You must include speaker’s notes with your slides, which will elaborate on the content in each slide. Be sure to cite your sources in your slides and speaker’s notes.
- Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to justify/support your analysis.
- Your presentation should be at least 8 slides, not including your cover slide and reference slide.
- Support your presentation with a minimum of 3 reliable sources.
- Please use the following resource for evaluating information found on the internet: https://www.library.georgetown.edu/tutorials/research-guides/evaluating-internet-content
- You may use the following source to assist in your formatting your assignment: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/.