1. Watch this film (important: Click on the cc on the bottom left corner to read the captions as you watch the film):
Angel Island Immigration Station Video “Discovering Angel Island”
Provide specific examples from the film of how Chinese immigrants and Chinese Americans were personally affected by Angel Island immigration experience.
2. Watch this film:
U.S. Government Japanese Internment Film (U.S. Office of War, 1943)
Answer the following questions
- Who is the intended audience for this film?
- What central message is the film trying to convey to its audience?
- Do you think this film served as an effective propaganda tool for the U.S. Government to gain the support of Americans for the process of Japanese Internment? Why or why not?
- What do you think Japanese Americans from that time-period would have thought of this film?