Complete an environmental scan for the health care organization you chose in Week Two. Use the SWOT Analysis table, located on the student website.
· Assess the organization’s internal strengths and weaknesses.
· Analyze the industry for opportunities and threats.
· Perform a gap analysis. A SWOT analysis helps determine performance gaps. It includes the following components:
· Describe the organization’s present and prospective customers.
· Consider the following external factors:
o Consumer and social
o Legal and regulatory
Write a 1,400-word report in which you do the following:
· Explain why an environmental analysis is important in the development of your strategic plan by answering the following questions:
o What is the purpose of environmental analysis?
o What are the implications of environmental analysis in the creation of your strategic plan?
o What are the major benefits of competitive analysis as part of your strategic planning process?
o What evolving economic, legal, and regulatory issues may potentially have an effect on your strategic plan?
- Assess the organization’s internal strengths and weaknesses.
- Analyze the industry for opportunities and threats.
- Perform a gap analysis. A SWOT analysis helps determine performance gaps. It includes the following components:
- Describe the organization’s present and prospective customers.
- Consider the following external factors:
- Consumer and social
- Legal and regulatory
· Based on your SWOT analysis, provide an assessment of your chosen organization in which you include the following:
o The organization’s ability to accomplish its mission, goals, and objectives as set in previous strategic plans
o The organization’s ability to respond to internal and external changes and challenges
· Incorporate your SWOT analysis findings into clearly stated goals and objectives for a 3- to 5-year period, focusing on your strategic plan areas.
o You will have two to three goals for each year, with two to three measurable objectives for each goal.
o Goals may span several years.
o Outline your goals and objectives clearly and provide a narrative explanation for each.