Read the “Case Study Analysis.”
Select one of the following theories that you feel best applies to treating the client in the case study:
Write a 1,000-1,500-word analysis of the case study using the theory you chose. Include the following in your analysis.
- What will be the goals of counseling and what intervention strategies are used to accomplish those goals?
- Describe the process of treatment using this theory. This should include a description of the length of treatment, the role of the counselor, and the experience of the client as they work from beginning to termination of therapy.
- How does this theory address the social and cultural needs of the client? (Cite specific research findings)
- Describe how your chosen theory supports the use of a constructivist philosophy throughout the counseling process. How does a collaborative approach change the ability for clients to create and accomplish their goals through counseling services?
- How should a counselor who utilizes post-modern / collaborative approaches interact with their clients in order to prevent undue harm, risk, or confusion from impeding the progress of therapy?
Include at least six scholarly references in your paper.