Employee turnover in the hospitality industry averages 400 percent annually. This means that, on average, 100 percent of the staff of a restaurant, hotel, airline, or cruise ship is replaced four times per year. There has been extensive research on employee turnover and employee job satisfaction. Using the Internet, select one hospitality industry type, such as fast-food restaurants, luxury hotels, specialty hotels, or any other type of hospitality interest, and identify the main problems associated with that industry and employee turnover. Suggest ways and methods to address the high turnover rate.
Write a 5–6 pg. in which you:
- Describe the type of hospitality industry and its main categories of employees.
- Summarize three primary reasons that turnover is so high in this industry.
- Recommend one method to address each of the three primary reasons that turnover is so high in this industry.
- Recommend one method to improve job satisfaction in general for this industry.
- Use at least two quality academic resources in this assignment.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Describe methods for reducing turnover and increasing job satisfaction in a hospitality industry.