Based on your responses to Assessment 1 – Written assessment, perform process and data modelling and develop and document a n umber of design diagrams using UML (including Context Diagram, Level 0 and Level 1 Data Flow Diagram, Entity Relationship Diagram).
In Assessment 1, you performed a comprehensive requirement analysis for the given case study. With an in-depth understanding of the functional requirements of the System, you are now required to perform further analysis through process and data modelling. In doing so, you also need to provide a preliminary data storage design for the System.
Both process modelling and data modelling can be used to provide deeper understanding of a new System. Thus, they are an integral part of System Analysis. Process modelling describe processes – i.e. the sequence of activities that people do; while data modelling seeks to describe the data flows through those processes. Data flow diagrams (including context diagrams) and entity relationship diagrams are the most common process and data modelling techniques used in industry.
1. Please read case study provided with assessment 1. Please note that every piece of information provided in this case study serves a purpose.
2. Please complete the following tasks:
Create a Context Diagram for the given case study.
Create and document a Level 0 Data Flow Diagram (DFD). The Level 0 DFD should contain all the major high-level processes of the System and how these processes are interrelated.
Select three important processes from Level 0 DFD, decompose each of the processes into a more explicit Level 1 DFD.
For the given case study, provide an Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD).
For the given case study, identify the data stores including the files that are not part of ERD.
Translate the ERD you developed in Task 4 into a physical relational database design. Document database tables and their relationship in MSWord file. Normalise your database design to the Third Normal Form (3NF).
Please note that your responses to the tasks above must relate to the case study provided.
Word Count and Layout
· The total word count for the written assessment should be no more than 2200 words.
· Please provide all your answers in a MS word document.
· All diagrams must be drawn using any diagramming tool but the same should be copied to MS Word document.
· Please note that you are NOT required to copy the task description over to the MS Word document. Use the task n umber to indicate which task your response relates to.
· The recommended font size is 12 with 1.5 spacing.
It is essential that you use appropriate APA style for citing and referencing if needed. Please see more information on referencing here
Please submit the written assessment via the Assessment l ink within Assessment 2. The Learning Facilitator will provide feedback via the Grade Centre in the LMS portal. Feedback can be viewed in My Grades.