Unit 7: Unit 7: Abdomen, Male and Female Genitourinary, and Anus/Rectum – Discussion
To access the Discussion Board, click this unit’s Discussion link, on the left. Be sure to post a response to all Discussion topics. Please review the Discussion Board Participation grading rubric under Course Home in the Grading Rubrics section. This is important information that will ensure that you earn maximum points. Your postings should be qualitative and provide substantive depth that advances the discussion. Please see the Kaplan Writing Center located in the student portal for assistance with writing, APA, and online communication.
Topic 1: Differentiation and Management of Abdomen, Anus/Rectum, and Genitourinary Disorders
Please select a disorder of the GU, abdomen, anus/rectum systems (pelvic inflammatory disease, cervicitis, STDs, UTI, prostatitis, balanitis, urethritis, epididymitis, testicular torsion, hydrocele, epispadias, rectal prolapse, hemorrhoids, GERD, appendicitis, cholecystitis) and answer the following questions:
- What are the presenting symptoms?
- How is it distinguished from other similar disorders (assessment findings, common in particular age/sex or ethnic group, etc.)?
- What is your first intervention?
- How will you confirm the diagnosis?
- What is the appropriate treatment?
- Write a prescription to treat the illness (if applicable or refer to appropriate specialty if needed) that includes (patient name, date, name of drug, dose, and strength, quantity to dispense, directions of how often to take the medicine, and number of refills).
- When will you schedule a follow-up appointment and what is your plan on the follow up visit?